- Food & Drinks
- Small coolers no larger than 38 quarts
- TV trays and tables smaller than 23″ X 16″
- No alcohol
- Illegal drugs or paraphanalia
- Weapons of any kind
- Tents, beach style or golf umbrella, canopies
- Laser pointers, aerosol cans, fireworks, lighters, or noisemaking devices
- Skateboards, skates, bicycles, hover boards, or other motorized vehicles
- Banners, flyers, beach balls, frisbees, ballons
- Open candles and or fireworks
- Solicitation of goods and services
- Video and audio recording devices; cameras with professional detachable lens
- Overnight parking
- Animals except for service animals
- Tailgating or grills
- No large tables
- No blankets
To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite attendee entry at Woodson Young Jazz Festival, festival organizers will implement a “clear bag” policy that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into Fort Washington Park.
We strongly encourage festival attendees to not bring any type of bags, but have outlined which types of bags are permissible.
Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at park areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the park:
Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.”
One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the park with one of the clear plastic bags.
An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: large purses, large coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
Attendees will continue to be able to enjoy their festival activities and do so with greater safety and knowledge that their entry into Fort Washington Park will be smoother and faster. They also will continue to be able to carry items allowed such as binoculars and smart phones.